photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quitting Coffee and Other Tidbits

I love coffee- I really do.  And I can't have caffeine anymore so I am trying to switch over to organic decaf...not the same, not even close. My head is pounding and I feel a bit like a zombie in the morning. I wonder how long caffeine withdrawal lasts? As far as drug side-effects go, other than being a little more tired than usual (which could also be from lack of caffeine) and a little itchiness at the injection sites I haven't felt any side effects of the Leuprolide yet- maybe I will get lucky.
** I had to edit this post since pretty soon after writing it I experienced the wonderful side-effect of hot flashes- they are fun let me tell you!

Today is the last day I take a birth control pill and I will be getting a blood estradiol test in a few days when my period starts. This test is to confirm that the Luprolide has successfully suppressed my ovaries to a baseline state. They will be looking for a blood estradiol level less than 50 pg/ml. We are really hoping for good results so that we can continue to the next step of IVF.

I decided to start acupuncture treatments again next week. There are a lot of people who swear by acupuncture and a lot of people who say it's nonsense but I've been treated before and it was so relaxing and I felt better after each treatment. I figure, it can't hurt anything and it relaxes me so I am looking forward to that on Monday.

I am throwing a baby shower for my friends M&B today.  They are due in February and I cannot wait to meet their little one!!  Last night Steve and I went to the store to get a gift and a few other things for the shower and we were amazed at how much baby stuff there is!  It's funny how I have shopped for babies before and never really payed attention to the amount of gadgets, cute clothes, and toys there are.  Every few minutes Steve came running up to me with something in his hand saying- We are totally getting this for our baby! I am anxiously awaiting that day....

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you left a comment! I hope my journey gave you a little heads up as to what to expect. Good luck with the shots and this cycle and let me know if you have any questions! Isn't quitting all the "good" stuff so much fun??? Excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget - I saw your comment on Alyssa's blog so I thought I'd reach out and say hi! I'm just a little ahead of you in the January IVF cycle but we chose not to go to UIHC and go to a clinic in STL. We live near Dubuque so I thought I'd be neighborly and say hello! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad my blog could provide you with a little hope. Keep your head and and believe in the power of positive thinking! You will be a mom...just know that. I wish you the best of luck this cycle. If you have any questions feel free to email me. After 2 years of IF treatments I like to consider myself a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya Bridget! Thanks for stopping by! This journey is tough and trying but in the end I guess it will all work out (never ending optimist here)

    I love acupuncture! Serisouly it is so good for so many things. If I had enough money I would probably go every day...seriously!

    Good luck with the upcoming IVF! It is a time filled with many emotions. I wish you nothing but the best. Looking forward to reading more of your blog and supporting you in your journey. If you need anything just holla!

    Cya

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you left a comment on my blog! Looking forward to following you- I'll be praying your IVF is successful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!