photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Let's Nourish Your Baby Palace"

Last night was my first time back at acupuncture since my fallopian tube ruptured last year.  I go to Linda at Ancient Wisdom Acupuncture and she is fantastic!! I highly recommend her if you are interested in treatment and live in the QCA.  She remembered everything I had been through and picked up right where we left off. After placing the needles (one in each wrist, one in each foot and one right below my belly button) Linda said, "Let's nourish your baby palace- that's what the Chinese call the uterus- the baby palace."  I liked the thought of that, so now I guess I'm working on nourishing my baby palace. The treatment was nice and relaxing- just what I needed.

At the end of my visit Linda told me I need to be eating more iron rich or "blood rich" foods before the egg retrieval and embryo transplant.  This includes dark leafy greens, lean red meat, nuts, beans, etc. She also said to have Steve start eating walnuts and pumpkin seeds to strengthen his swimmers and improve motility. Off to the grocery store we go...we'll give it a shot.

I made my follow up appointment for next week and I will be seeing her once a week until my egg retrieval and when the egg retrieval is scheduled I will go see her for a special treatment the day before.  Here's hoping acupuncture can up our chances of conceiving.  When you're going through infertility there is nothing you won't try- I'm not exaggerating.

I think we try so many things because if we don't we'll lose hope and hope is really all you have when you're trying to have a baby.  Well, hope and laughter... we've got to laugh because if we don't we might go insane.  Here's an infertility joke I found amusing today from 999 Reasons to Laugh at Infertility.

How many infertility patients does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Screw in a light bulb! Hmmm . . . do you think it might help? . . .


6 comments:

  1. HA!!! That joke is hilarious ;-)

    I love acupuncture. I did it for several weeks around our IVF in May, and we (I) have actually been doing acupuncture exclusively (no meds) since October, and I have definitely seen positive changes in my body and cycle. Hoping that it will help us achieve the ULTIMATE positive!!! Have you ever read "The Infertility Cure"? It has a ton of other fertility points!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read it- it was recommended to me by my acupuncturist. Really interesting book. Have you done any of the dietary changes from the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bridget!

    Thanks for the follow - It's nice to know others are out there going through this too!

    We didn't choose UIHC because of many reasons: cost, philosophies, personalities, etc. I'm glad you are happy with them and I hope that this cycle is a success for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on acupunture! Lol at the joke! Good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "found" you through a comment on someone else's blog. I'd be interested to learn more about acupuncture. I've been lightly thinking about it to help with PCOS.

    I'm looking forward to reading about the things you have to say about your struggle with IF.

    Come check my blog out at waitingonpinklines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I'm happy to follow you - thanks for the invite and good luck!! AP

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!