What's been going on over here? I'll give you bullet points to keep it somewhat quick.
- My little brother and my sister-in-law had their first baby!! His name is Knox and he's the cutest damn thing I have ever seen.
Emily is obsessed with him and she asks to facetime with "Mox" daily.
- We celebrated Steve's birthday! It was the big 3-5 so we left the kids with grandma and grandpa and went to the big city for a Pirates game. We ran into one of Steve's baseball teammates from college and spent most of the game chatting and laughing. We had a great night (had a few too many cocktails) and we saw Lynyrd Skynyrd play- SO cool.
Sunday we tried to recuperate and had dinner and cake with Steve's parents.
- Cold/pink eye/flu season is here and I hate it. Gavin got hit first and it was bad. We had to take him to Children's because he was having trouble breathing. Since Gavin was born with a diaphragmatic hernia, he doesn't have the lung strength that a normal toddler has. So when he gets a cold, it usually includes a trip to Children's for a chest x-ray, steroids and lots of worry. He spent a week at home with me and had breathing treatments every 4 hours. He's a tough little guy so he bounced back pretty quickly. Of course, the week he went back to daycare both he and Emily came home with pink eye. Joy.
- We are adding a four season room and deck to the back of our house and I cannot wait!! I think/hope they are starting some demo work today and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least the room portion is done by Emily's birthday.
- Emily is acting like a teenager lately. And she's funny, like- really funny. She still has no interest in potty training (stubborn) and we need to ditch the paci soon- I am dreading that one (give me all your tips). She's all about mothering Gavin lately which is the total opposite of their relationship so far. It's super cute but I'm not sure Gavin is a fan.
- Gavin is finally starting to say a few words. I was beginning to wonder if he would ever talk! He is a daddy's boy all the way- so much so that if I try to get him out of bed when he wakes up he throws himself down crying and says, "no, no, no- daddy!!". It's an understatement to say that this breaks my heart. He's also learning how to run and I could watch this all day long. There is nothing better than a wobbly toddler is there?