photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011....it's been a great year!

What a difference a year makes.... last New Years I was ready to throw 2010 in the trash and start over. This year, I look back happily at 2011 because we brought home our baby girl and I learned so many things about myself.

~  I am stronger than I give myself credit for.  I can give myself injections, get blood taken 3 times a week, carry a baby to term and even give birth.

~  I am a good mom.  At least I think I am and that's all that matters, right?  If Emily is crying, 9 times out of 10, I am the one who can calm her down.

~  I can move 10 hours from my family and friends and be ok.  I miss everyone terribly, but as long as I have Steve and Emily- I am happy.

~ I can go into public with spit up on my shirt, no makeup, and greasy hair and not give a shit (this is probably because of sleep deprivation but whatever).

~  I can function on 2 hours of sleep if my baby needs me to.

As I sit here on the eve of 2012, I look forward to the new year and I can't wait to see what it will bring for our family.

Happy 2012 everyone!

6 comments:

  1. You are an awesome mom and Emily knows it! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing year for you! :) I hope I learn Im stronger than I think I am when baby comes!! :) I think I will be impressed by myself at least I hope anyways!! I know I'll do anything for her :) Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a fantastic year! And I agree with Heather...you are a great mom! Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year you had! Happy new year and I hope 2012 brings many good things to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful year! You are truly a super mommy! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen sister!!! so glad to hear you are settling in to life as you now know it :) Will get an email off to you as soon as I can screw my head on straight again!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!