photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Probiotics and Chiropractic

I'm knocking on wood as I type this post.

For the past week, Emily has turned a corner- a less-colicky, awesome, smiling baby corner. 

I can't be 100% sure, but I think this change in her is due to 1) me taking probiotics (thank you Courtney for the suggestion) and 2) taking her to the chiropractor.

Since Emily was born, she kept her head tilted at a very strange angle any time she was laying or sitting in her car seat- it looked so uncomfortable! The chiropractor did a thermal scan on her spine and found that her poor little neck was out of alignment along with another spot in her mid-back.  Now don't freak out, they don't adjust her like they would you or me.  It's mostly a lot of stretching and massage. She loves it and her neck is slowly but surely straightening out and she seems so much happier!

I started taking probiotics last week and I noticed a change in Emily within a week.  She was much less fussy at night and didn't scream like she was in pain anymore.  Don't get me wrong, she still cries, but it is so much better than it was.

Here is an article if you're interested.

And now let's all knock on wood.

12 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that a corner has been turned (I'm knocking on wood as I type this!) I would be lost without my chiropractor and have heard that they can be helpful to babies as well! Glad it is working for Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! SO happy to hear! I am happt to hear that (as of now) you are still able to nurse. I loved nursing so much (who would have ever thought) that the thought of not being able to breaks my heart. I have heard of some babies & momma's milk just not agreeing with each other. I am so happy the probiotic is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I LOVE the pic of you guys on your sidebar!!!

    Secondly, I'm glad you tried out the probiotics and chiropractor. Both have so many wonderful benefits for both Momma and baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank god for chiropractors!!! fingers and toes crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knock, knock! Great advice here! Glad one or both are helping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A chiropractor friend of mine adjusted Aiden when he was just a few days old. I probably should have tried going back to her to see if that helped when he was super fussy. I'm SO glad things are looking up. I'll say a little prayer that this will stick and Emily will keep up the smiles and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knocked on wood (being a tad superstitious, despite the logical part of me that says it's silly!) but that is GREAT news! I would never have thought to take probiotics, and I'm still getting used to the idea that chiropractors are not evil, so I definitely wouldn't have thought of that, but WOW, what a difference a week can make! That's so awesome, you must be so relieved and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy about the happy smiling baby! There is nothing better! And now I am knocking on wood for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great! So happy she is doing better! Those are some great ideas. I will have to write them down for when I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope this stays this way!!!!!!
    Poor ting with her neck, I am so glad you figured that out!!
    Thinking of you and hoping this stays a positive change!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear!! We started our daughter on probiotics at one month, me too since I am breastfeeding, and notice a HUGE difference! Even now at 14 months, we can so tell when she has been 3+ days without her probiotics!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!