photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

6 weeks postpartum

I had my 6 week follow up visit with my midwife and left her office *almost* in joyful tears.

It was so good to see her again and she was so happy to see Emily.  She sees a ton of patients a day and delivers a ton of babies, but she remembered my delivery and our background of losses and IVF and we talked about it while she checked me out.  I'm so thankful I had her deliver our baby.

At the end of my visit she gave me a huge hug and wished us the best with our move, then she ran and got one of her nurses to show off Emily's hair.

I felt emotional (in a good way) being there with Emily. I thought about all of my appointments with her growing away in my belly and how nervous and excited I was. I remember the day we went in and set up my induction like it was yesterday. 

I can't believe she is 6 weeks old already, where does the time go?

8 comments:

  1. Wow - 6 weeks already?!?! She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time just keeps flying by friend...way too fast! I hope everything works out well with your move and it's not too stressful. :-) I felt the same way after our 6 week check up with our doctor, very emotional and so full of thankfulness for medicine and treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!!
    It is such a great feeling to go back with your baby!!!
    Good luck with the move!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely was bittersweet for me going into the office not pregnant. You do form a bond with those that cared for you throughout your pregnancy. Hope everything goes well with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture of her! Amazing how life can change in a year. Best of luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, six week already. Crazy town. And I am still soooo jealous of that head of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 6 weeks already! Time really does fly. I love watching her grow. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't believe she's already 6 weeks old! wow! she just gets more beautiful in every photo you post, too. :)

    i was thinking about you yesterday as i was reading this book that so many people recommended to me. it's called healthy sleep habits, happy baby. my friend swears by it! anyway, it talked about how colic always clears up on its own at 6 weeks and that at that age, you can start the baby on a sleep schedule that is really helpful for brain development and temperament. it's a really insightful book that i think you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!