photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF

It's been a long week in this house!  I'm happy the weekend is here even though we will spend most of it trying to juggle Emily and packing.

I didn't get to TVT yesterday so I guess this would be TVF (Thought Vomit Friday)....

{1} We took Em to see Santa this week.  It's her first Christmas, how could I pass up taking her to the mall to have her picture taken?? She was so sleepy. (side note: the young man taking the pictures smelled like a combination of BO and cigarettes, awesome.)




















{2}  I am tired of pet hair.  No matter how much I vacuum it still ends up on Emily and it drives me crazy.  If you have any tips for lessening pet hair- do tell.

{3} Speaking of pets, Emily noticed Sadie (our dog) for the first time last night.  She stared and stared and watched everywhere she went.  So cute.

{4}  It's not feeling or looking much like Christmas at our house....I keep seeing all of your Christmas tree pictures and I wish I had mine up! I am just hoping we get our tree up before Christmas day in our new house. It will be so fun to decorate and listen to Christmas music with Emily and Steve, I am so looking forward to that.

{5}  I am in love with smartwool socks.  They are perfectly warm and cute and everyone should have at least one pair. I also really really want one of their cardigans but they are soooo expensive (a girl can dream).



















{6} So sweet.




















{7}  Steve and I love this chicken pot pie recipe. Make it, I promise you'll like it too.

Ingredients
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
  • 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
Directions
1.     Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2.     In a saucepan, combine chicken and frozen veggies. Add water (or leftover chicken broth) to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3.     In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4.     Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5.     Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Linking up with E Tells Tales

17 comments:

  1. I love those socks!! I'm gonna have to get some for myself... from Santa of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with 5 dogs I think we've finally got the pet hair thing down.

    1. You need a furminator brush, they are expensive, but sooooo worth it, use it no more than once a week or their skin gets irritated and dry
    2. You need a de-sheding shampoo, furminator brand also makes a good one of these, one bath per month, no more or again you get the skin problems
    3. you need a Swiffer-vac, quick, cordless and essentially magic. Then you need to use it, but I typically only do it around the edges of rooms with tile or wood flooring about 3 times a week. Then you need to break out the regular vac for the carpets and the couch at least one time a week.
    4. You need to give up on getting the hair out of her skin folds except at bath time, there is no way around it, her drool is like a dog hair magnet (as reported by friends), keep a good lint roller around though for her clothes

    Hope that helps

    PS. cute santa pic, wish the guy hadn't been so smelly though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try the pot pie recipe! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the rest of the packing goes well...or as well as packing can go, I never like packing! Love the Santa picture. Also good luck with the pet hair, if you find a good trick, let me know, I have no doubt we will have the same problem (we have several dogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the picture of her and Santa is precious! I knew if I didn't get the house decorated all at once, it would never happen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute pics. I love how she noticed your dog! Good luck packing and moving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine what it's like to pack a house and move plus juggle a newborn--God bless you!!
    I love her Santa outfit--probably because we got the same one for Reagan. I can't wait to take her and hopefully there won't be any BO, cigarette smoke smelling people.
    PS-I am in love with all that hair your girl has, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just so adorable!!! And how cute that she noticed your dog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love smartwool! get that tree and get it up! when do you get your new house or are you in it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some great socks!!! I have to vacuum at least 2 times a week to keep the dog hair down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes she is totally adorable! We are going to see Santa in the morning...very excited. I need to learn about these socks you speak of soon! And I will be trying the recipe this weekend! Good luck packing!! OH and I have a jack russell so I am in pet hair hell as well...I invested in a Dyson vacuum and it helps A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that Santa pic is so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping back to let you know I nominated you for a blog award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, I moved in August, it's the worst thing. Love the Santa pic - she's adorable, sorry about the smelly guy. The chicken pot pie recipe looks deelish and simple - gonna try it this week hopefully. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable and she looks so cte with santa!!!! I'm glad things are going better!!!
    You re such a great mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That last pic with Emily smiling is soooo sweet that my teeth are aching. I am squinting at your socks, trying to see if I can make myself a pair instead of buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh your wee girl is just so lovely! I love the Santa picture too- can't wait to do that next year :)
    No tips on pet hair unfortunately-our cat is currently shedding her winter coat and I'm struggling with the same problem-such a pain!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog...I'm still around and still all well, and WILL get around to actually doing a blog post before baby arrives!hehe, my head is just a little crazy with everything I need to do!
    Hope you're well...xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!