I'm jumping on the Thought Vomit Thursday train! TVT is basically a bullet point post spewing out everything drifting through your head without having to think much about creating an organized post.....enjoy!
* I don't know what I would do without my Baby ESP app on my droid. It seriously saves my life daily (hourly). When sleep deprived, it's hard to remember what day it is or what time Emily ate last/had her diaper changed/was bathed.....etc. I highly recommend this app for any new parents!! The best part is Steve can sync his app to mine so we both know what the baby is doing all day long. Love.
* I am finally starting to feel a bit more like myself (I think it's because I showered two days in a row). When I was pregnant, I read and heard about the 'baby blues' but I didn't realize how insane you feel after giving birth. I had anxiety pre-baby and for a week after having Emily I wasn't exactly anxious but was definitely overwhelmed. Everything made me cry, I felt like I had no clue what I was doing, breast feeding was hard, I was overly tired, and my body felt like it had been beaten with a baseball bat. So feeling like myself today is a huge step forward in my book.
* Emily is funny, already. She makes these sly faces like she knows what's going on, especially when Steve and I are talking about her or when she knows it's time to feed. She also has the habit of waiting to pee after her diaper is off...(insert sly baby smile) I'm convinced she totally does this on purpose. I have a feeling she's going to be a little trickster when she gets older and I love it.
* Along with breast feeding I have also been pumping. This is mainly because being the only person who can feed the baby was really getting to me. I'm sure some people will judge me, and I can't worry about that. With pumping, Steve can take some of the feedings and that makes me a happier and more sane mom.
* I am trying to decide if I should keep my blog going. It was a wonderful way to help me cope with IF/IVF and now, I'm not sure if anyone wants to hear about our life after IF. I have met some wonderful people here who I am sure will be lifelong friends and I am so thankful for that. What to do?