I'm 8 weeks pregnant today!
I decided to "borrow" this idea from the lovely Kelly over at Candid Confessions of a Southern Princess.
Being 8 weeks pregnant is an amazing thing to me, I've never been here before and even through the nausea and emotions I feel very happy and blessed that we have made it this far.
My symptoms are as follows:
1. Bloating- I'm mean serious bloating. Yesterday at work I had to have my pants unbuttoned for the majority of the day and I felt like my stomach might explode. (My sister N got to hear about this all day)
2. Fatigue- I'm tired, I find myself wishing I could just lay my head down on my desk at work, I usually fall asleep on the couch before bed and then I have to muster up the strength to get up and actually get into bed.
3. Nausea- I pretty much feel nauseous off and on all day. It comes in waves and luckily I haven't actually had to run for the bathroom yet. Nothing ever really sounds good to eat even though I am starving most of the time.
4. Emotional- Yep, things make me cry at the drop of a hat and I get angry pretty easily too.
Things I am loving right now:
1. carrots- I can't get enough of them and they help with the nausea.
2. saltines- of course.
3. macaroni and cheese- to die for.
4. eggo waffles with peanut butter- this is my go to breakfast and it hasn't let me down yet.
Things I am hating right now:
1. Foods with strong odors- gag. Steve got a sandwich over the weekend and it smelled so bad I made him roll the window down in the car while he ate it. It seriously smelled like a garbage can. (He just laughed at me and told me if it really smelled like a garbage can he wouldn't want to eat it)
2. Spicy foods- haven't been agreeing with my stomach at all and I end up with terrible heart burn.
3. PIO shots- my hips are so glad today is the last one!!
We have our next ultrasound on March 16th, it seems so far away! Our babe will be almost 9 weeks old by then!