There are so many emotions and thoughts going through my head, I can't even explain. Emily is a wonderful baby, perfect in every way! Steve and I are so blessed to have her.
I can't really put together a coherent post right now so here are some bullet points
- Emily is breast feeding and doing very well with it. I have to use a nipple shield to get her to latch but that is fine with me. It is scary not knowing how much she is eating and if she is getting enough milk. I think feeding is the hardest part of being a mom so far. I had some issues with engorgement on my right side- holy painful. I took ad.vil, did a lot of massaging, and pumped - it seems to be getting better.
- Sleep is pretty much non-existent at this point. Since she eats every 2-3 hours and it takes her about 30 minutes (or more) to eat, we spend most of our time in the recliner. At first we were having trouble getting her to sleep in her bassinet but my sister gave me the best suggestion to warm up the mattress with a heating pad before putting her in it so it's nice and warm (we take the heating pad out before we put her in) this works like a charm! (Thanks Kels!)
- Like I mentioned earlier, I'm emotional....about everything. It kills me when she cries.
- Diapers, diapers, diapers. Just saying.
- Steve has been the most amazing dad and husband through everything. He has been getting up with me to help, at all hours of the night, and that makes things so much easier to handle. I can't thank him enough for being such a great husband. It is so wonderful to watch him with her and to see the pride in his eyes.
- Our families have been so great and helpful, I can't thank them all enough!!
I will leave you with a few pics of our sweet girl, stay tuned for Emily's birth story...