photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Monday, May 7, 2012

weekend in the sun

We had such a great weekend.  The kind of weekend I wish I could bottle up and save on a shelf.  The sun was shining, Emily was smiling, and Steve and I looked at each other multiple times and said, "can you believe we have this little girl?"  Even when things are rough and Emily isn't sleeping, we are still grateful that she is healthy and she is here with us.

We went to a cookout at a neighbor's house


Emily took her first trip to the zoo




And she got a swing!



A percfect weekend all around!

*Sleep/reflux update: Emily still didn't sleep the greatest this weekend but thankfully Grandma took a night shift for us and we got some much needed sleep on Saturday night.  Emily is starting to refuse her bottles and I think it's because she knows the reflux pain comes after she eats.  We have been able to give her oatmeal without a problem.  She slept for 11 hours last night only waking up to eat at 3am and with some reflux pain at 5:30am. 


14 comments:

  1. 11 hours is great! I probably wouldn't want to eat either if I knew my tummy would be upset afterwards, poor girl. I wish there was an immediate fix for that. :( How did she like the zoo? She sure looks like she's taking in her surroundings. We need to get Chloe a swing too, I've been talking about it for weeks now, I just haven't bought one yet. I bet you'll get a lot of good use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - she looks like such a big girl in her swing!

    That sucks about the reflux. :( Hopefully her system matures soon and that stops. Poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, she is so cute!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Bless her little heart for having the reflux. That's got to be tough on both baby and you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun weekend!! :) Love the photo of her grabbing the beer. What a cheeky little grin! Also, I love her little swing!! Did she enjoy it? I will have to get one for Alidia once she is a little bigger. I used to nanny a little girl who could stay in her swing for hours and just hated being taken out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for memorable weekends. I love that swing. And Emily's pony tail is just TOO much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you guys had a fun weekend! Thinking about you guys and hoping Emily starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you do her hair!!!!

    She is adorable!

    Avery loves her swing too!

    I hope it gets better, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get enough of the pigtail straight up!!!

    Glad to hear you had an amazing weekend and were able to get some sleep- hopefully is revives you a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pig tail, how perfect that the helmet has a hole right there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love weekends like that! so fun! glad you were able to get some rest. 11 hours is great! and i just can't get enough of that ponytail! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. look at her!!!! she is getting so big...it's amazing how time flies. She is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so precious! I'm sorry you guys are still dealing with the reflux. I hope she turns the corner soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great weekend! I hope the sleeping continues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been SO out of the blogger loop. I had NO idea that her reflux was that bad. Poor, poor baby, mommy, and daddy. We are still dealing with spit up a lot, but there doesn't seem to be any pain associated with it, thank goodness. I'm praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!