* Emily had her 6 month appointment yesterday. Girlfriend is big and healthy, so I'm a happy mama. She weighs 20lbs 13oz (holy), 29 in long (off the charts), head circumference of 44 cm (totally normal). Shots are the devil, you'd think in today's day and age they could figure out how to make them all oral instead of stabbing my baby in the leg 3 times.
|paper on exam tables...best toy ever.|
* Anyone else watching the Bachelorette?? I can't quit, it's a problem. The first episode is always the worst. I feel so uncomfortable when they interview all these men (with shirts off, sitting somewhere pondering life, etc.) and when they all meet her for the first time- they say the dumbest things...party DJ guy, magic slipper guy, huge egg guy- are you serious?? Why do they think these are good ideas?
* We bought Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit (thanks to Shannon!) and that thing is a MIRACLE. Emily has pretty much slept through the night since we got it (knock on wood, right now). Only problem is, I got the biggest size- which is supposed to be for babies ages 6-9 months up to 21 pounds....um, Emily is almost 21 pounds and I will cry when she grows out of this thing. Anyone super handy with a sewing machine that wants to try to re-create this magic suit??
|how cute is this??|
* I got to see one of my blogger besties, Danielle, last Friday. I met her amazing baby girl and we had a great time catching up and gossiping. I think I said "I don't remember Emily being this small!" about 500 times. We will get out to see you and Carlia this summer- I swear!!
|Emily did not want to cooperate|
* We have been spending lots of time outside and it makes Emily so calm and happy. We just throw down a blanket, grab some toys and she is good to go for a couple of hours. Thank God for nice weather.