I was tagged by my lovely friend Stephanie over at Blawndes Blawg.
Her questions for me:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Hmmmm there are so many things. I can't pick just one, so I'll say the support, advice and friendships.
- What is one thing that makes you unique? No idea, I'm probably not that unique.
- Have you lost someone close to you? Yes, I lost my mom a few years ago and my grandmother last year.
- Were you named after anyone? Not that I know of.
- Tell us about an embarrassing moment. Who doesn't have an embarrassing moment about their period, right? Well, I was new to the menstruation game and I spent my summers in a corn field detassling. There weren't any toilets waiting at the end of the rows for us and by lunch time (when we got to use porta potties) I had bled all over my shorts and I am pretty positive everyone on the detassling crew had noticed. I sat in the porta potty and cried and wondered what the hell I was going to do for the rest of the day. Thankfully, I had a flannel shirt with me and wore it buttoned up and tied around my waist like a skirt for the rest of the day. So embarrassing.
- What did you want to be when you grew up, and did you accomplish it? I always wanted to be a librarian, not accomplished but I still think that would be the best job ever.
- Why did you start your blog? To keep my family and friends updated on our IVF and to vent. I had no idea there was a whole community out here and I am so glad I found you guys!
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the shower.
- What celebrity do you think you look like? I don't think I look like anyone but I've heard many things over the years. Jenna Elfman, Princess Diana, and Faith Hill.
- What songs are included on the soundtrack of your life? This is a hard one! I'm not sure exactly the best way to answer this. Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Pink Floyd- Wish You Were Here, make me think of my mom. Honorary Title- Far More, Norah Jones- Come Away With Me or any Jack Johnson song remind me of Steve. Adele- Make You Feel My Love is my song for Emily and any Beatles, Rolling Stones, or classic rock remind me of my dad. Music is a big part of my life so I have so many songs that have strong connections for me.
- What story does your family always tell about you? My mom and dad always talk/ed about what a bad baby I was, crying all the time. They don't have many pictures of me as a baby that aren't red faced with tears.
I think most of you have already been tagged -but if not, consider yourself tagged by me and play along!