I saw this idea on lovely Mag's page this morning and I thought, what advice would I give my younger self if I could? It's strange to think back on the silly/crazy/stupid things I did in college and the things I thought were so important at that time in my life. I know college is the time you grow, learn things about yourself, meet new people, and create your own life but I wonder how my life would look now if I had done things differently....or maybe, everything happens for a reason.
Advice I would give my 20 year old self:
1. Never take your mom for granted. Life is short and you will miss her very much one day, sooner than you think. Soak up all her wisdom, learn her recipes, talk about her life before you, and ask her advice about being a mother.
2. Thank your dad for everything he has done for you. You will soon learn that not everyone has a dad as great as you do.
3. Listen to your sister's advice, she's "been there, done that", she knows what she's talking about, and she only wants what is best for you.
4. Have more confidence and self-respect. If a guy doesn't call you back, it is not the end of the world. If he calls you at 2am, don't answer the phone.
5. You don't always have to do what your friends do, sometimes it's ok to say no. If they are true friends, they won't care. And you will meet some really fantastic, true friends who will be in your life for a long time.
6. Trust your instinct. Always.
7. Although it may seem like there are no good guys left, you will find one and you won't be expecting it. He is amazing.
8. One of your biggest problems is you care too much what people think about you. Remember this quote: When you become immobilized by what anybody else thinks of you, what you're saying is: "Your opinion of me is more important than my own opinion of myself." Wayne Dyer
9. You will struggle with whether or not to move home, don't worry.... everything happens for a reason.
10. Live life, be happy, you'll be fine.
What advice would you give your 20 year old self??