A little over a month ago is when my anxiety roller coaster started. Things are getting better but I still have days that are not so great. Yesterday I felt really good; I was in a great mood and no anxiety at all. Today I feel sort of blah, tired and I had a bit of anxiety this morning. So it's up and down for sure at this point. But- I'm moving in the right direction.
This is what I have done so far:
- I quit caffeine and alcohol 100%. This has been hard because I'm so tired and I wish I could just have one cup of coffee!
- I am eating 100% gluten free and most of the time I am trying to eat whole foods, not processed foods. I met with my dietician today and the next step is gluten and dairy free. I am not excited about this at all because- cheese, yogurt and butter.
- I'm journaling before bed. This is mostly a list of what I am grateful for and what I still need (ie: patience, support, not to feel guilty, etc.)
- The kids are going to daycare pretty much full-time right now. On Monday I will keep them home to see how I handle it. I'm going to slowly ease back into keeping them home with me two days a week.
- Spending more time outdoors, going for walks, sitting in the yard, trying to enjoy nature. This always calms me down.
I did get some of my blood work back and it showed an elevated TSH level, a very low glucose level and a couple of other items out of range. I'm waiting to hear what my functional medicine doc has to say about the results.