photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Thursday, July 12, 2012

TVT

Apparently I'm terrible at blogging in the summer....


- Poor Emily was sick for over two weeks with a cold that wouldn't quit.  Her nose was like a faucet.  I took her to the Dr. last Friday and he gave her antibiotics for a sinus infection and she is finally starting to feel better. 



- Her  sleep has gotten better in the past couple of days.  We have her crib mattress flat and she is out of her magic sleep suit but she still likes to be strapped in.  I've been strapping her looser and looser so that we can eventually be done with it.  She can turn herself to her side and she almost always ends up sideways in her crib.  She's also been doing really well with two naps a day.

-  Crawling and scooting are still a no go here.  All she wants to do is stand!



- I've been trying to get out of the house with Emily more during the day.  We started baby swim class this week and she loves it.  I'm not sure what she likes more, being in the water, or watching the other kids play. Tuesday while we were playing in the water she just stuck her whole face in on purpose, pulled her head back up and started laughing and grinning.  She is a little fish! Yesterday we went to a music class in a nearby town that she absolutely loved and today our PT had a group of SAHM's over to her house so I could meet some new people (she's the best).  We had such a good time and Emily loves being around other babies, it's encouraging her to attempt crawling!

I love the pool!
- Emily has three of her bottom teeth and one of her top teeth has started to poke through.  She hasn't been as fussy with these teeth and the hyland's teething tablets have helped her a lot at night. But now she grinds her teeth all day!

- She is thankfully coming out of one of the "wonder weeks" and I am so happy to have my cheerful baby back.  The past few weeks have been rough for her and us.  She was crying a lot, needing to be held almost all day long, and if I left the room she would scream until I came back. I got the wonder weeks app on my phone and it's crazy how accurate it is for her.


- We had her three month helmet scan appointment and her head is just about perfect!  They want us to keep her in the helmet for one more month because she isn't crawling yet.  We have been taking it off after her morning nap when she's playing and putting it back on when she sleeps.

getting my head scanned
-  Baby number 2 is growing away.  I'm 12 weeks 3 days today.  Still no symptoms but my belly is starting to poke out a bit.  I have an OB appt next week and I'm excited to hear that little heart beat again.  My doppler is still packed away and I'm trying to resist the urge to get it out.





25 comments:

  1. Wow! I've missed so much on my accidental blogging hiatus! Emily is adorable!! Reagan has started crying when I leave the room and when her daddy drops her off. I'm looking in to that Wonder Weeks app you mentioned. And BIG congrats on baby #2!! I have to admit, I'm slightly jealous just because I loved being pregnant so much. I'm so happy for you and your husband and that it didn't take another round of ivf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Emily was feeling sick for so long but glad to hear she is starting to get better now. That is fantastic about her head and the helmet. I am glad it worked out so well! Great that you are finding fun things to do with her out of the house. I wish they had organized baby activities here but there are ZERO. I am thinking of starting a playgroup once Alidia is a bit more mobile. The Dominicans may think it sounds crazy at first but I think it would be fun to meet other moms and babies of similar age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally set up some play dates, it helps so much to talk to other moms!

      Delete
  3. I love that first picture of her! Her hair combed over is so sweet :)

    Sorry to hear little Emily hasn't been feeling well... no fun for her or Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve loves combing her hair like that, it makes us laugh so hard!

      Delete
  4. Glad Emily's feeling better! Her red, white and blue swimsuit is so fab! Great news about the helmet too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great that you were able to meet other Moms! I think the Moms get just as much out of socializing as the Moms do!

    Good to hear the sleep situation is working itself out!

    Also, no symptoms? This pregnancy is going easy on you - I say it's a BOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear things are going better & that Emily is getting over her cold. Awesome news about the helmet! 12 weeks already?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love so many things about this post, getting to spend your days out of the house with Emily, meeting new SAHMs, Emily having a great doctor's appointment, you feeling well!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first pic of E...beautiful! So glad she is feeling better. I'm glad you are feeling well too...I'm saying boy too :) That is so great to meet other stay at home moms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those are some great pics of her!

    The Wonder Week thing is super accurate for Avery too! I am so glad you shared that. It helps to know that it is happening rather than worry that she is sick or something.

    Yay for the helmet being almost over!

    What a fun week you all had, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the wonder weeks is scary accurate! she is like a brand new baby right now.

      Delete
  10. I feel stupid asking this, but what are wonder weeks?


    So glad to hear the E's head is perfect. Although, truth be told, she was pretty perfect even before that diagnosis. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a book about how babies go through developmental leaps and can be fussy/have trouble sleeping/etc. during these weeks that they call the wonder weeks. I have the book also but the app is easier for me to look at.

      Delete
  11. You are 12 weeks already?! WOW, time sure does fly by! I am so happy Emily is having a good week and that she is getting over her cold and WW. Those things are SO hard!
    I'm glad you got to meet some new SAHMs and I am jealous of the swim classes, how fun for you and Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swim class would be way better with you and Aiden for sure!

      Delete
  12. glad to hear an update :) sorry i have been m.i.a. i had to work this week and I was struggling to balance it all and not cry my eyes out, lol. once i get my long run in tomorrow (oh boy) I will be sure to send you an email to catch up!

    baby #2! omg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie! Look at her standing...such a big girl!

    Hope you guys are having a great summer. I'm glad to hear Emily is feeling better. Sinus infections are NO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm so glad she's feeling better. she's such a beautiful girl! who cares about crawling anyway, when walking is the ultimate goal?!? ;) can't wait to hear how your next appt goes! grow, baby, grow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!