photo BRIDGET1_zps4a2c6c95.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridgetabout_zpsd48ac624.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget3_zps70b84994.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget4_zpsaa2828b6.png  photo bridget2_zpsda1fe92f.png  photo bridget5_zps96b613e6.png

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Anxiety Part II

Yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that I actually felt like myself.  I was so grateful to be able to drop my kids off at daycare, go to work, pick my kids up, make dinner, actually eat dinner and play as a family until bedtime.

It's amazing the little things that are taken for granted when we feel fine.

The mornings are still my hardest time of the day.  I wake up with a terrible jittery, anxious feeling and getting the kids fed and off to daycare is a struggle.  There is a lot of inner dialogue that goes something like this, "everything is fine, you can do this, take a deep breath, etc."

Things I'm doing to help with my anxiety:
-  Taking Zoloft 25mg daily and Ativan .5mg as needed
-  I haven't had any coffee or alcohol in 2 weeks
-  I go to spinning 2-3 times a week and I take a lot of walks, being outside helps a lot
-  I listen to guided meditation before bed and it usually puts me to sleep
-  If I start to feel overwhelmed around the kids, I remove myself and go somewhere quiet
-  I've been writing in a journal before bed
-  I use my essential oils all the time
-  Acupuncture and chiropractic
-  Therapy
-  I am meeting a nutritionist tomorrow that was recommended by my functional medicine doctor

I don't know how today will go but for now I am thankful that yesterday was a good day.


5 comments:

  1. Oh B! I'm so sorry to see you've been struggling. I wish I had some super helpful advice for you. Hopefully today you felt as well as yesterday. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you have a plan and some things that seem to be helping.. and that yesterday (well I guess the day before yesterday?) was a good day. I hope you continue to have good days, even if there are tough moments within. I am so sorry you are struggling with this, but it is clear that you are trying to take care of yourself and realize how important that is. Everyone else, everything else, will be okay. Thinking of you and always here if there is ever anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good day! I hope today is another one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today and hope that you continue to have more and more better days. You are an awesome mom, wife and friend. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridgy! I am just now reading these posts. I am so sorry the anxiety has creeped back in. I HATE that for you. I am glad you are being proactive about it. And I am always here to help you if I can. I miss you and love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!