Yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that I actually felt like myself. I was so grateful to be able to drop my kids off at daycare, go to work, pick my kids up, make dinner, actually eat dinner and play as a family until bedtime.
It's amazing the little things that are taken for granted when we feel fine.
The mornings are still my hardest time of the day. I wake up with a terrible jittery, anxious feeling and getting the kids fed and off to daycare is a struggle. There is a lot of inner dialogue that goes something like this, "everything is fine, you can do this, take a deep breath, etc."
Things I'm doing to help with my anxiety:
- Taking Zoloft 25mg daily and Ativan .5mg as needed
- I haven't had any coffee or alcohol in 2 weeks
- I go to spinning 2-3 times a week and I take a lot of walks, being outside helps a lot
- I listen to guided meditation before bed and it usually puts me to sleep
- If I start to feel overwhelmed around the kids, I remove myself and go somewhere quiet
- I've been writing in a journal before bed
- I use my essential oils all the time
- Acupuncture and chiropractic
- I am meeting a nutritionist tomorrow that was recommended by my functional medicine doctor
I don't know how today will go but for now I am thankful that yesterday was a good day.